Not only did we participate in the Lego Gam this week (more on this can be found on my YouTube channel) but we also had to narrow down 5 patents that we thought would be interesting to build a product on. My two favorite patents are the are the cardiovascular patent and the patent for wearable technology.
The cardiovascular patent is provided accurate monitoring for a patient’s prosthetic heart valve function in real-time. The innovation is based on the system being entirely passive, wireless, precise, and intuitive in design. In addition to this, the valve is very low-risk and will will reduce the risk to patients and decrease physician liability. As I have been interested in creating something more medical related for this class, this patent highly appeals to me. However I am not sure what type of product we could build using a heart valve. I would need to do more research into this to propose some product concepts.
The patent wearable technology is also very interesting. It is composed of sweat arrays that analyze the users sweat and create detailed sweat profiles. Human sweat contains physiological information that will give us insight to user's health and also allows for non-invasive monitoring. The sweat will tell us about dehydration in a user and will tell us if users lack certain proteins or molecules. I think it would also be interesting if we would analyze the molecule of the sweat and relate it different disorders such as ADHD or depression but comparing the sweat of individuals with these disorders to the sweat of healthy individuals. I think this also ties into the world of medicine so I am excited by this patent as well.
I look forward to more team building activities for this week and seeing how my team will make the decision of what patent to use.
No comments:
Post a Comment